Ross Return Policy
Ross Stores uses a refund verification system. All returns are subject to system verification. Please keep and use your receipt on all return and exchange transactions as there is a limit to the number of no-receipted refunds allowed by the system. A valid picture ID (Driver’s License, State Photo ID, Passport or Military ID) may be required and will be entered into the system for refunds. Please note that your refund may be declined by the system.
Refunds, store credit or exchanges will not be given on any merchandise that is used, worn or altered.
A five (5) day waiting period is required for a cash refund on all merchandise purchased with a check.
Full refund on merchandise (not used, worn or altered) accompanied by the original receipt within 30 days of purchase will be refunded in the same form of payment in which it was purchased. If merchandise was paid for with a check, cash will not be issued for five (5) days.
Merchandise returns with a receipt older than 30 days will be exchanged or credited with store credit.
Merchandise returns without a receipt will require a valid picture ID and if approved by the refund system, will be refunded in the form of a store credit or exchanged at the item’s current selling price.
Refunds will not be given on software that has been opened. Exchange for like merchandise only if software is defective.
Retain the original register receipt for Gift Cards. Lost or stolen Gift Cards can only be replaced for the value of any remaining balance by presenting the original receipt.
Refunds, store credit or exchanges will not be given on select categories of merchandise without a receipt. Tickets may also be required in select categories. For a list of select categories, see the front of your receipt or ask your cashier.
The Fine Jewelry return policy is the same as the store return policy with one addition: all Fine Jewelry returns or exchanges must have the original ticket attached AND be accompanied by a receipt.
Merchandise can only be returned to Ross Stores with a Fine Jewelry Department.
The swimwear and lingerie return policy is the same as the store return policy with one addition: all swimwear and lingerie returns or exchanges must have the original ticket attached.
Ross Credit Card Program FAQ
The Ross Credit Card is a credit card that can only be used at Ross Dress for Less stores. Once approved, you will receive a 10% discount (given as a barcode) that can be redeemed for any single total purchase. You will also earn 5% back as rewards on all purchases on the credit card at Ross Dress for Less to use on future purchases.
The Ross Mastercard is a credit card that can be used anywhere Mastercard is accepted. Once approved, you will be eligible for the same benefits as the Ross Credit Card as well as 1% back as rewards on all other purchases where Mastercard is accepted.
No, approval is determined on an individual basis and is based on creditworthiness.
There are two ways you can apply:
- Visit your nearest Ross Dress for Less store and apply via your mobile device by scanning a QR code or texting a code found on signs in the store or
- Apply for a Ross credit card Online.
You will be notified immediately on your mobile phone or online if you are approved. If you are not approved immediately, you will be notified by mail regarding your application within 10-14 days of submission.
Comenity Capital Bank issues the Ross Credit Card and Ross Mastercard.
If approved, you will receive a credit card welcome kit in the mail within 7-14 business days.
With the Ross Credit Card and the Ross Mastercard, you will earn 5% in Rewards Dollars on all qualifying purchases at Ross Dress for Less stores. Ross Mastercard cardholders will earn 1% in Rewards Dollars on all other purchases where Mastercard is accepted.
You can view your Rewards Dollars earned and Rewards Certificates fulfilled by logging into the Account Center or in your monthly electronic or paper billing statement.
- You can access your Rewards Certificates by logging into the Account Center on your mobile device, pull up the barcode and ask the store cashier to scan it.
- You can also ask a store cashier to scan and redeem Rewards Certificates issued in your paper or electronic billing statement.
- Immediately after approval, you will be prompted on your mobile device to add your card to your mobile wallet. You will also receive a text message with a link to add it later.
- If you have already received your physical credit card, you can add your credit card to your mobile wallet by following the wallet’s prompts to enter the account information.
- There are signs in Ross Dress for Less stores with a QR code for account lookup which will find your card and instruct you to add it to your mobile wallet.
- All Ross Mastercards can be loaded into Apple, Google and Samsung wallets. The Ross Credit Card can currently only be loaded into Apple Pay.
- Pay Online: Visit the Account Center, log in and click on “Payments.” There is no fee to pay online.
- Pay by Phone: Contact Comenity Capital Bank at 1-800-440-5215 for Ross Credit Cards and 1-866-743-3660 for Ross Mastercard Credit Cards, TDD/TTY: 1-888-819-1918. Fees may apply for payments made by phone.
- Pay by Mail: Send your payments to Comenity Capital Bank—Ross Credit Card or Ross Mastercard, P.O. Box 650965, Dallas, TX 75265-0965.
- If you are having trouble with your Ross credit card, you should contact Comenity Capital Bank by logging into the Account Center page.
- You can also contact the phone number on the back of your card:
- Ross Credit Card: 1-800-440-5215
- Ross Mastercard: 1-866-743-3660
- You can sign into Account Center to chat with an associate or send a message through Secure Message Center.
You can view transaction details or your credit card balance by logging into the Account Center page and clicking on “Transactions and Statements” or contact Comenity Capital Bank at 1-800-440-5215 for Ross Credit Cards and 1-866-743-3660 for Ross Mastercard Credit Cards, TDD/TTY: 1-888-819-1918.
Your Rewards Dollars will expire at month’s end, three years after earned. When you reach $5 or more in Rewards Dollars, they will be fulfilled into a Rewards Certificate. Rewards Certificates expire 60 days after issuance.
- Unused Rewards Certificates will expire 60 days after they are issued.
- Redeemed Rewards Certificates (partially or fully) will be marked as used.
No, merchandise cannot be purchased online. The opportunistic and changing nature of our merchandise does not lend itself to selling over the internet.
We do not provide itemized merchandise searches. Because of the opportunistic and closeout nature of our buys, our systems do not track size or color. To maintain our great prices, we keep all aspects of our business simple.
There is no expiration on our Gift Cards or Store Credit. In California, Ross Dress for Less Gift Cards with balances less than $10 are redeemable for cash. Note: Protect your cards like cash. Ross is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.
To make way for new merchandise, we regularly mark down slow-selling merchandise. We continue to take markdowns on this merchandise until it sells through.
No. We look for manufacturer closeouts. Our product mix is very broad and diverse. We do not buy large quantities of any one item and often do not have the same merchandise in every store, making it difficult to offer catalog shopping.
Yes, if you are shopping on behalf of a charitable organization. For each shopping trip, be prepared to leave a copy of your exemption certificate applicable to the state in which you are shopping with the cashier.
Note: If you are a diplomat or other government representative with valid diplomatic identification and passport, be prepared to leave a copy of your exemption document, government exemption card with the store.
No, the company’s policies and agreements with its vendors prohibit it from selling merchandise to any company or person that buys with the intent to resell the goods to someone else.
The 55+ Tuesday Discount is a program exclusively for customers 55 years of age or older. Eligible customers are entitled to 10% off purchases made on Tuesday.
If you are eligible, you must notify the associate at time of purchase and may be required to provide an ID to verify your age or date of birth.
Note: This discount is only good on Tuesday. (The discount is nontransferrable and the customer must be present to receive the discount.)
No. Ross Stores does not offer any type of bulk sales of merchandise for re-sale. All purchases must be made in person in our stores.
If you are having trouble accessing information on the Ross Dress for Less website, please call 800‑335‑1115 for assistance.
Hours vary by store location and time of year. For current store hours in your area, please visit our Store Locator.
Contact Us Form
For additional inquiries not addressed in the above FAQ, please use the below form to contact us. *Required Fields